View inherited team skills for agents within your Twilio Flex contact center.
Account Owners, System Admins & Supervisors
Platform roles required to view and manage users.
To view the list of inherited team skills for a user.
Navigate to Menu > Manage Users
After selecting the user you want to view, you will be redirected to the user details screen.
- Select the “Team Skills” tab.
Understanding Team Skills
Team skills list all of the skills the user has inherited from his/her assigned teams. The same skill can be inherited by the user from multiple teams.
- John Smith is assigned to the Sales (US) team. The team skill is set to "English" and the skill level is set to "100"
- John Smith is assigned to the Sales (LATAM) team. The team skill is set to "English" and the skill level is set to "80"
Understanding Assigned Skills
Assigned Skills are skills assigned to a user that are independent of the skills inherited from teams in which the user is assigned. Additionally, the Skill Level within Assigned Skills will override the team skill level for any team the user is assigned.
- John Smith is assigned to the Sales (US) team. The team is assigned "English" as a skill with the skill level set to "90"
- An admin independently assigns John Smith the skill "English" and sets his skill level to "100"
- John Smith's skill level is now "100" for any team that he is assigned with the same skill. While the other users assigned to the Sales (US) team will have a skill level of "90", John Smith's skill level will be "100".