Create dynamic queues using skills-based routing rules and logic to send tasks to agents within your Twilio Flex contact center.
Account Owners & System Admins
Platform roles required to view and manage queues.
To create a queue, navigate to the Manage Queue screen.
Navigate to Menu > Settings > Manage Queue
Create a Queue
To create a new queue, select the "+ Add Queue" button located in the upper right-hand corner of the screen.
After clicking on the “+ Add Queue” button, the "Create a New Queue" slideout will appear for you to enter queue details.
Queue Properties Section
Queue properties define details about the queue and how it operates within your contact center.
- Provide the name of the queue
- Set the number of max reserved workers
- Select the order for how tasks should be assigned from the queue
"Max Reserved Workers" is the maximum number of agents that can simultaneously receive tasks at one time.
- Min: 1
- Max: 50
If dispositions have been enabled for your account, you will be able to "enable" setting a default disposition if an agent fails to select a disposition when ending a task.
Queue Filters Section
Queue filters define skills-based routing rules for routing tasks to agents.
- Select if skills-based routing should be enabled
- If set to "no", any available agent within your contact center will be able to receive tasks sent to this queue.
- If set to "yes", users have the ability to create skills-based routing logic for the queue.
- Select the communication channels
Agents will only receive tasks in the queue based on the selected channel.
- ie. If only voice is selected, the queue will not route any messaging tasks to the queue.
Create a Queue Expression
Queues match tasks for any available agent based on the routing logic defined in the queue expression.
To create a queue expression, select the skills or teams that should be used to route tasks agents in the queue.
- Expressions can be built using a combination of "AND" and "OR" statements