Create custom attributes to enable advanced routing logic when sending tasks to agents within your Twilio Flex contact center.
Account Owners & System Admins
Platform roles required to view and manage custom attributes.
Prerequisite: The natively supported Salesforce integration must be configured within your Twilio Flex contact center.
Navigate to Menu > Settings > Manage Attributes
Create an Attribute
Select the “+ Add Attribute” button located in the upper right-hand corner of the screen.
After clicking on the “+ Add Attribute” button, a slideout will appear so you can enter the attribute details.
- Provide the name of your custom attribute
- ie. "Campaign" to track the campaign the customer belongs to
CRM Mapping allows you to map data from your CRM to tasks created within your contact center based on the contact's details.
- Select "Salesforce" as the source
- Select the object to map to within Salesforce
- Select the field of the selected object within Salesforce
Supported Salesforce Objects
Multiple CRM Mappings can be assigned to a single attribute. CRM Mappings will try to match an attribute in order, based on how you define the mapping.
- Salesforce > Lead "object" > Lead Source "field"
- Salesforce > Contact "object" > Lead Source "field"
In this example, the attribute will first try to match the information task with the "Lead Source" field for the Lead object. If a match is not found, the system will try to match the "Lead Source" field with the Contact object.